Monday, March 15, 2010

St patricks day traditions



My girls and I love st Patrick's day. Why? We are not Irish, I think we just like any excuse to celebrate. My husband the good sport he is, just comes along for the ride. Here are a couple fun ideas to surprise your little ones St Patti's day morn.

Set out regular Oreo cookies before they go to bed and mysteriously the Oreo center will turn from white to green.
I have even been known to turn our breakfast food a lovely shade of green as well. Its always tradition to have pesto eggs with turkey bacon on St Patti's day morning here at our house.
In other words (Green Eggs and Ham). The girls love it, and I must say I think its quite tasty as well. Here is the recipe

Ingredients
1 tablespoon olive oil
3 egg, lightly beaten
1/4 cup shredded white Cheddar cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp pesto
Directions
Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat.In a small bowl, combine egg, Cheddar cheese, salt and pepper and pesto. Pour into pan, and cook stirring for 3 to 5 minutes, or until cooked to your liking. Remove from heat, stir in pesto a little extra pesto at the end if desired. Serve with the bacon and there you go.

I tie green balloons to their chairs and set out decorative napkins for them along with their meal
I also like to get the girls a little something green to wear for the day so they don't get pinched. This year I got them the Girls' jeweled silk bracelet at j crew, in green of coarse.
Hope this gave you some fun idea's

xoxo CC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails